is a great resource and an article they just published outlines 10 Social Media Optimization Tips.
As a blogger, or for anyone else,
these are great tips.
In brief the list of 10 tips are as follows:
- Increase your links
- Make tagging and bookmarking easy
- Help your content travel
- Encourage the mashup
- Be a Resource
- Reward valuable users
- Know your Audience
- Be Overt
- Stay fresh
Currently, I am actively pursuing:
- Increasing links back to my blog
- Making tagging and bookmarking my site easier.
- WordPress has some great plug-ins to add social bookmarking tools on each post.
- Participating – I am attempting to comment and contribute to other blogs.
- Be a Resource – while my content might not be as good, fresh, or cutting edge as Lifehacker, I am attempting to produce quality articles. Primarily this blog focuses on Web Design, and Technology / Web news.
- And, Staying Fresh. When I find something interesting, posting it as quickly as possible is a top priority.
Ultimately, every blogger and social media-ite should be attempting all 10. When you’re just getting started though, don’t overwhelm yourself. Start with what you can and build up.
You cannot “Know your audience” if you don’t have an audience. But, you can know what audience you want to attract and build toward that end from the beginning.