Click to Enlarge:
Slow News Day.
I thought I would share what my work system looks like as I’m quite proud of it.
Twin 19inch monitors are the reason my screenshots look the way they do.
A suite of applications allow me to make my desktop look the way it does.
- StarDock – What you see in screenshot two. This is a much more attractive dock than windows menu bar.
- Firefox – Series of Addons and searching with http://www.blackle.com
- FaviconizeTab – set to make all tabs FavIconized (small)
- Personal Menu – hide menus for larger screen real estate
- Stylish – set customized CSS documents for certain pages
- Launchy – the best keyboard launcher. Eliminates the need for the Start menu and so much more.
- Texter – all repetitive typing, coding, or whatever is defunct with Texter!
- Writer by John Watson – an online word processor (http://writer.bighugelabs.com/) that’s all black with green text.
- Windows Auto Hide – Since StarDock is so pretty, I set my windows bar to auto hide.
- Windows Desktop – set the background color to black, and remove all your icons
- Windows Icon Editor – Open Display Properties > Desktop Tab > Customize Desktop Button > Change Recycle Bin icons to “invisible” icons. Only the name will be visible.
Leave A Comment