Lifehacker.com pointed to a blog I had not encountered before today, Divine Caroline.com. They had a phenomenal post detailing 18 Uses for Vodka.
Personally, I loathe alcohol, abhor it’s use internally, but these 18 points are all great when a cheap bottle costs less than $10 and the uses detailed cover hundreds of dollars worth of other products.
Here are a few of the 18 points I pulled out. Number Seven is the funniest.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
3. Clean jewelry. Soak the jewelry in vodka for five minutes, then rinse, and dry.
5. Remove the glue left behind by a bumper sticker. Rub the glue with a soft, clean cloth soaked with vodka
6. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
7. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, then blot dry. ( I left this one in because it’s ironic. Drink the Vodka, then clean up your vomit with it! )
8. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
9. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
10. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
14. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
16. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
Leave A Comment