We All Know to Be Suspicious of Emails
But one place we might not be as vigilant is if an email comes from a friend or acquaintance.
Here are a few warning signs to look for:
- The person hardly emails you, or hasn’t in a long time.
- The email is very short with a web address inside.
- There is misspellings and grammar.
- The email seems very informal and casual.
Steps To Take
- DON’T CLICK ON ANY LINKS!
- Email the person and ask them if they actually sent you the email. If they did, then you’re good to go.
- If they didn’t, tell them to Change Their Email Password Immediately.
Security Starts With You
You’ve got to protect yourself!
Pass the word on to others who might not know this information and help keep them safe too.
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Mon Frere<MyFriend@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: Check this Out!
To: Ellis Benus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dude! You’ve got to see this!