The subject of today’s post is a derivative of a Mao Tse-Tung quote, or Mao Zedong, the famous Chinese Communist leader, in his Quotations from Chairman Mao Zedong, or as it was known in the west, The Little Red Book.
Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. – Mao Tse-Tung
DownsizeDC.org, an organization I recently joined posted a great article showing the very real different between Voluntary Cooperation and Government Violence.
Privatization is the only way.
As a staunch minimalist and a devout capitalist, DownsizeDC’s post rings deep within me. The government has shown time and time again they are completely incapable of being fiscally responsible and they have no business being involved in business ventures.
If not for the threat of government violence — of arrest, incarceration, and the loss of all your property — how would you choose to spend your money. Would you rather . . .
- Give money to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, or Habitat for Humanity?
- Contribute to government foreign aid projects, or Doctors Without Borders?
- Rely on the FDA for safe food and drugs, or the Underwriter’s Laboratory?
- Deliver your mail through the post office, or Fed Ex and UPS?
- Contribute money directly to research clinics, or filter it through the National Institutes of Health?
- Receive treatment in a V.A. Hospital, or a private one?
- Give 15% of your income to Social Security, or use that money to buy annuities from a diverse portfolio of insurance companies?
- Continue paying taxes to a ponzi-scheme Medicare program that must eventually cut benefits and ration your health care, or pile-up those funds in a tax-free, interest bearing Health Savings Account?
- Contribute money to local charities to change and improve the lives of the poor, or to a food stamp program that merely maintains people in their poverty?
Now, I don’t want to go into to much detail, but please read the article, and join DownsizeDC if you agree.
Leave A Comment